WIN 1 of 10 $25 Spares Box Vouchers
Conditions of Entry
1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over. Entrants under 18 years old must obtain consent from their parent/guardian to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required to enter into a further agreement as evidence of their consent.
3. Employees of Sparesbox Pty Ltd (the Promoter), and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. The competition begins at 11:00am (AEDT) on 12/10/2015 and closes 9:30am (AEDT) on 26/10/2015 (Competition Period).
5. To enter, consumers must, during the Competition Period:
(a) visit the Spares Box Blog page at https://www.sparesbox.com.au/blog/25-words-or-less/win-a-25-spares-box-voucher/ (Spares Box Blog);
(b) complete and submit the online entry form, including by answering the following question in 25 words or less: “Which car (real or fictional) you’d love to take for a spin around Mount Panorama, and why?”.
6. All entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries received after this date will not count towards the competition. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive as to time of receipt. Incomplete illegible or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Consumers may enter the Promotion as many times as they wish provided that each entry is based on a different “25 words or less” statement. Entrants who submit multiple entries using the same or substantially similar statement but different email addresses or aliases may be disqualified.
8. The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
9. Entries not fully complying with these conditions of entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. This competition is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner/s. Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on, among other things, literary and creative merit. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries must not have been published previously, and/or used to win prizes in any other competitions. Judging will take place at Spares Box, Suite 8.03, 75 May St, St Peters, NSW 2044 on 26/10/2015. The winners will be notified by email by 26/10/2015. The name of each winner will be published on the Spares Box Facebook page after that winner has been notified.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrant. Each “25 words or less” statement must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this competition entrants:
(a) consent to the Promoter making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry (including the “25 words or less” statement) and otherwise exploiting
the entry and any rights in relation to the entry, to publicise this competition or for any other purposes; and
(b) undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
11. The 10 best valid entries, as determined by the judges will win a Spares Box voucher valued at $25.00 AUD (inc. GST) each.
12. The total prize pool is valued at $250.00 AUD (inc GST).
13. The prizes will be delivered to the winners at their nominated email address. The winners must claim their prize by 5:00pm on 31/12/2015. If a prize remains unclaimed by that date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the relevant prize to the next best valid entry.
14. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry that entry will be discarded and the Promoter will distribute the relevant prize to the next best valid entry.
15. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
16. The winner/s must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
17. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
19. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage or delay in transit to the prize/s. The Promoter may require the winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
20. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
21. The prize/s is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute for that prize or element of a prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
22. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering,
unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
25. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
26. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants. By entering this competition, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotion and marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging. By entering this competition, entrants consent to receiving SMS or email messages from the Promoter that do not contain any functional unsubscribe facility. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can request access to, or update or correct, the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at the address below.
27. For any queries regarding this promotion, individuals can contact customer service on
1300 105 224 or [email protected] Open Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.
28. The Promoter is Sparesbox Pty Ltd (ABN 15 168 552 323) of St Peters NSW 2044.