Mackay Clutch Pedal PadPP1003
Mackay Consolidated Industries history began in 1932, the name Mackay, is the founder Ted Mackay Paton’s middle name. The Paton family’s surname had already been used by his brothers, George and Jack when they established Paton's Brake Replacements (PBR) in 1927.
Ted Paton sold his stake in PBR and established Mackay Spare Parts in 1932, where it began trading spare parts and later in 1938 began its manufacturing operation in Swan Street Richmond, Melbourne.
Over the last 8 decades, Mackay has become a corner stone of Australian Automotive Manufacturing, and has had many achievements, such as being the first company in Australia to bond Rubber to Metal. Supplying parts on the first Australian made vehicle (FX Holden - 1948) and the last (VF Holden 2017)
Today Mackay Consolidated Industries Pty Ltd is still owned by the Paton family and remains an 100% Australian owned private company employing over 130 people.
Success in the Automotive Aftermarket and Original Equipment segments has continued due to one simple philosophy – Uncompromised quality and a passion for excellence.
Mackay has been an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of rubber products and hoses for the Australian Automotive Industry since 1948 suppling the Australian plants for GM Holden, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Chrysler and Mitsubishi. Mackay continues to manufacture Original Equipment (OE) rubber products for manufacturers globally including AMG and Maserati. Mackay products are exported worldwide from our manufacturing facilities in Melbourne and Thailand.
Mackay has grown to become a major supplier/manufacturer of a diverse range of engineered rubber and bonded metal/rubber composite products for the Automotive, Defence, Transport, Construction and Industrial markets.