K&N Cold Air Intake Typhoon 69-3500TP
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Free-flowing aluminum tubes
- Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less
- Lasts up to 160,000km before service is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Replaces entire factory air intake system
- Washable and reusable lifetime air filter
- K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty
The K&N 69-3500TP Air Intake fits some Ford Escort ZX2 models.
The K&N 69-3500TP Typhoon air intake system is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system designed to fit some Ford Escort ZX2 models. The restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing are replaced by the K&N Typhoon air intake which is designed to dramatically reduce air flow restriction as it smoothes and straightens air flow. This allows your engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the factory air intake. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The 69-3500TP air intake comes with a black rubber topped K&N high-flow air filter that installs into the previous air box space. Air is directed through the intake tubes into the engine's throttle body for a guaranteed power gain. The intake tubes have an attractive chrome-like finish that's made to last and accommodates the factory mass air sensor and crank case vent hose. The oversized cone shaped air filter can be used for up to 160,000km before servicing is needed depending on driving conditions. This air intake is relatively easy to install usually in 90 minutes or less using existing factory mounting points. The tools needed are a screwdriver, ratchet set and an Allen wrench.